- The Pirelli P6000 is a modern tyre made in some sizes that also fit Classic Porsche.
- Predominantly the P6000 carcass design is suited to a later chassis set up than the early 911s that they fit.
- Later Porsche 911SC fitted with the 195/65R15 front tyres and the later geometry compliment the Pirelli P6000.
- The earlier Porsche 911 fitted with 185/70VR15 tyres on the front will handle better fitted with Pirelli Cinturato CN36.
- The Pirelli P6000 range of tyres was developed in 1995.
Pirelli P6000 Tyres
The Pirelli P6000 is a 1995 tyre with square shoulders and a flat wide tread pattern, designed to give the ultimate grip of a 1990s car as apposed to the progressive handling of tyres that are better suited to classic sports cars. There is no doubt that a Pirelli P6000 is a great tyre, but it is important to pare it with a car whose chassis set up compliments its handling characteristics. So for earlier 911 it is well worth sticking to the 185/70R15 Pirelli Cinturato CN36. It is misguided to think that fitting a 195/65R15 P6000 that was fitted to later cars is an upgrade on an earlier car.